Saturday, May 9, 2015

Market Update

No, not market as in Stock Market. At least not in my world. I'm talking Farmers Market, and today was week two of our new little market.

I didn't stay all day, but it seemed traffic was pretty steady while I was there, which is a good thing.

Today people showed up early to snag some of the very popular hanging baskets. Here are a few that caught my eye:




And no, I still didn't buy one, lovely as they are. I want them to LIVE!

We had a new vendor today: Hope In Action Giving GardenHope in Action's Giving Garden is located at Marvin's in Lebanon, Ohio, and is a non-profit organization that helps feed needy families in Warren County.

They were at our little market selling starter plants, and 100% of the proceeds go back to the food pantries. What a great organization, and we were so happy to have them. Here are some of the plants they had:



And, because tomorrow is Mother's Day, the first 50 ladies to shop the market each received a rose:


Nice touch, eh? Not my idea, but a nice one all the same. :)

Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll start seeing some early produce, but for now the breads, desserts, kettle corn, and eggs are keeping our customers happy.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that your market is taking off! It is really the highlight of my week going to 'my' market - obviously good to sell stuff, but just the social aspects of it (and locally produced goat cheese? twist my arm)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)