Tuesday, February 3, 2015

SOS #187: Gettin' Inky

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Gettin' Inky, and we'd like you to use your oldest ink.

This one was easy for me, since I tend to procrastinate necessary tasks. I have a cabinet in my craft room annex I'm supposed to empty out since I'm giving it away, but I haven't yet. One of the drawers of said cabinet is filled with all my old-don't-use-them-much-any-more inks that I haven't figured out how to re-home in my new craft room storage arrangement. So, I opened the ink drawer and spied my collection of Fabrico and Encore inks. So many from which to choose! I opted for the Encore Ultimate Metallic ink pad, which is a rainbow, and I used it with a sentiment to make this:


I stamped the sentiment with the Encore ink and clear embossed it. Then I went to work on the background. I smooshed some Distress Tattered Rose ink onto my craft mat, and mixed in some white embossing paste. I then spread that through a heart stencil and set it aside to dry.

Once it was dry, I trimmed the panel, rounded the corners, and put it onto a light purple Hero Arts card base, then mounted the sentiment over it with foam squares.

The sentiment is actually shiny, see:


The rainbow ink goes from purple to light purple to blue to green. It's very pretty, and I really should use it more.

So, I think you should go dig up some old, unloved ink and play along with us over at Shopping Our Stash. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, that's cool, i've never seen a metallic ink pad like that, which is hard to believe since it looks SO AWESOME!!! (i love the embossing paste hearts, too, the soft tint really makes them look amazing!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hearts, and the embossed sentiment is fun in its color variations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the challenge I started thinking about inks. I'm not an ink person so if I don't use it I don't keep it... except for some reason I have a really old Top Boss embossing pad still. That's old! Maybe I'll play along except for I hate embossing-ugh. Love the embossed shimmery greeting on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts folder, and the embossed sentiment awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the multi colour ink...I had a few ink pads like that...whatever did I do with them???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ink pad is awesome! HOW does it keep the different colors separate? Nosy minds NEED to know! I love the simplicity of your card - the pink embossing paste hearts with the sentiment. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ink is beautiful! And so is the card :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)