Tuesday, January 27, 2015

SOS #186: Love Me Do

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is loooooove, and we are to make a card for Valentine's Day, or just a plain old Love card.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


During my recent crafty play date, I stamped and die cut a few of these cuties, so today all I needed to do was color the little guy and figure out how to use him on a card. I started with the heart embossing folder that I may or may not have had to clear of dust. It's probably one of the first embossing folders I ever bought.

Then I thought plain white would be boring, so I took my Distress Tumbled Glass mini cube and touched it to the embossing folder in a few places. When I ran it through the Big Shot, the ink smooshed through and left a little color on the panel.

The blue monstah blended too well with the background, so I played around with some pre-die-cut circles in my stash until I got the combination you see here. I like that the monstah is slopping over the inner white circle, too. I actually did that on purpose!

I had some leftover hearts from a long ago project, so I used a few of them here. They were die-cut from some card stock covered with gold washi tape.

For some finishing touches, I added Enamel Accents to his eyes and some clear Wink of Stella to his tongue. All monstahs have sparkly tongues, don't they?

So if you're making some love cards this week, I think you should pop over to Shopping Our Stash and link up to play along!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. super cute monster. great design for the card. and CAS to boot. Great story about Bobra he sounds very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at MONSTA HUGS, but the sparkly tongue totally clinches the deal! love, love, love everything about this, missus, especially the way the monsta is getting ready to jump out of the white circle for the aforesaid hug!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: wouldja believe, i forgot about your new header, and when i saw it my first thought was, "oh that's so cute!" lol! duh, lauren! :) :) :) :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait? SOS is love? Let me revamp today's post so I can join in. It's totally about love. (gak)

    Love the eyeballs on your monster! Cute card! (not gak)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!, love that little monster and your swooshes of ink...fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH! I love it! That smooshy squishy lovey monster is just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Valentine monstah!! I agree with Jessi...he is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That monstah is super cute! Love the squishy inky thing you did with the EF, too. Awesome card!

    p.s. Yes, I have a working computer again. Yes, my card is blogged about and posted now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Love the embossed background! Very nicely done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)