Thursday, November 20, 2014

Welcome

Several days ago I pulled out a old Basic Grey chipboard collection to use the alphabet to make these cards. Then I realized there were two more sheets of chipboard shapes, and instead of stuffing them back into the package with the letters to go live with my All Things Thickers and Alphas collection, I kept them out on my desk with the hope of maybe incorporating at least some of them into a card or two.

When I saw the current sketch at Dahlhouse Designs:


my plan came together quickly, and I made this:


I took three chipboard houses from the sheet and put them onto the card front, mostly straight. They are so old, that even though they are self-adhesive, I still put permanent tape on the backs to make sure they stay stuck. I placed them to the left so I could put the "welcome" at the roof level instead of above the shapes like in the sketch. It was still done in the spirit of the sketch, though.

The base card is linen texture. I used to buy these cards and envelopes in bulk from clearbags.com back when I was also buying clear sleeves for my cards in bulk. Those days are behind me now, but my piles of products are still here, so I'm using them. :)

I sacrificed one of the cards to die-cut matching clouds. It needed something, and I wanted it to be subtle.

This was a very easy card to make, especially since that chipboard was staring at me. It's still there, so you might see some more of it soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: A Muse cloud dies, Basic Grey chipboard houses, and the following:





4 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE when you can use some of your older supplies?!?! This card is simply darling and I love how wanna sketch inspired you. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the sketch. I always take them way too literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those houses are cute! Don't you love using up older stash? I wish I could do it more often.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)