Tuesday, October 14, 2014

SOS #173: Hello, Sweetie

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. Did you know the third Saturday in October is Sweetest Day? It is, even if it is a made-up Hallmark holiday. So this week we'd like you to use a "sweet" theme, and tell us how you interpreted the challenge. Some ideas are: candy, ice cream, cookies, something for your sweetie, etc.

I chose a sweet food and made this:


I think Lauren gifted this set to me many years ago, and I'm happy to show it some inky lovin' for this challenge. I first colored the cupcake with Copics, then cut it out. The strip of patterned paper is from my Chichaniddy Scrumptious 6x6 paper pack, and it was already that size!

Before I put anything on the base, I stamped the swirly thing from the set with white ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. You can see evidence of that here:




I stamped the sentiment from the set and colored in the dots with a red glitter pen. Once I mounted the cupcake, I covered the icing, candle and flame with clear Wink of Stella. It's quite shiny!

I was going to add sprinkles to the icing, but decided I'd added enough already, and wasn't ready to wreck it and start over.

Make sure to check out how my fellow SOS teammates interpreted the challenge, and leave them some comment love. Got something sweet in your stash? Why not come play with us this week at SOS?

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Studio G stamp set, SU Dimensional adhesive, and the following:




9 comments:

  1. Oh how sparkly, Super sweet card fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, apparently i'm consistently drawn to the same style of cupcake, b/c my first thought when i saw this was, "ooooooooooh i wonder where she found that AWESOME cupcake stamp?!" :) :) :) absolutely ♥LOVE♥ this card... every single element is perfection! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and shimmery. What did we ever do without that Wink of Stella glitter pen? And who is Stella, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! It all worked out perfectly. I like the swirlies in the background, a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sparkling, fun birthday card, love the glitters Leslie! Thanks for having me around for a couple of weeks, lol! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cupcake!!!
    Love the sweetness and the sparkly goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe swirly thing! Lol! I love the sparkle, and that fabulous sentiment = great fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card!

    Now I want a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a sweet card...and I too want a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)