Thursday, October 23, 2014

Deck the Halls

Here's another card I made last weekend:


I had good intentions. Since I don't make a lot of holiday cards, I only wanted to borrow the set. But once I got finished, I needed it. NEEDED it, do you hear me?! Unfortunately I was enabled by free wifi at the hotel, and I may or may not have placed an order for it, and a few other things to ... you know,  justify the shipping. In fact, the set arrived today, so once my craft room has been reassembled, I'll play some more.

The card I originally saw (which sent me in search of the set) used Copic coloring with shading on the images, then all the bulbs were covered with Glossy Accents. Not me, though. I took a simple one-color approach, and added some Wink of Stella to make them sparkle:



I listed T1 below, and I just remembered where I'd used it. The pink I used on the bulbs was quite shocking compared to the other colors, so I went over it with the T1 marker to tone it down a bit. 

Again, as was my MO for most of the weekend, I colored the edges of a white layer with one of my Copics, and assembly was easy peasy.

Next time I might go for some shading. Could happen. :)

Thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:

  1. I don't blame you - I would have needed that set, too. Might still, once I get out my Christmas stamps and see what I already have. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something so magical about the Christmas lights...always makes me feel giddy seeing them come out of storage. I love your card, the whimsical bulbs and the simple sentiment...a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I love that I saw you make this live and in living color :) It's fabulous! The wink of Stella really makes those babies shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I'm always amazed by the beauty of clean and simple cards, but I just have no talent when it comes to creating them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like quickly colored and glittered bulbs are the best. I don't think one should spend too much time on holiday cards as they get lost among the holiday festivities.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)