Sunday, September 7, 2014

Make A Wish (Another One)

I was in the throes of playing challenges last week, and this card was inspired by (1) my NEED to own this set for the mouse image, so I needed use the mouse image, (2) a really great sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch!, and (3) the Avery Elle AEIHeartU challenge was CAS. It was meant to be, so I made this:


The CAS(E) This Sketch! sketch is:



which I flipped like this:


because I wanted the mouse facing to the right and near the bottom instead of the top of the card front.

Now that I've blathered past the fold, here's my card again (and so I can see it as I type):


I used a piece of paper from the Basic Grey Basics White paper pack for the background. The strip of Pool card stock was left over from trimming down this card, and the Avery Elle Storybook mouse was stamped onto Neenah Solar White, die-cut and colored.

I also stamped some stars from the Storybook set so the mouse was actually looking at something. I colored them with what I thought was a clear glitter pen, but it might be silver. It's kinda difficult to tell.

Here's the graphic and link for the Avery Elle challenge:



Two more challenges done - check! It's amazing what one can accomplish when living in a well-stocked craft room for four days! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Basic Grey Basics White 6x6 paper pad, and the following:



9 comments:

  1. How cute is this? I LOVE how you flipped that sketch over like that. Such a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-dee-duper CUTE! I love that you gave the mouse something to look at, instead of leaving the poor little guy staring into nothingness. :) Great job combining the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that mouse, its so cute!! Fabulous that you flipped the sketch around and the blue is my favourite colour, so this is totally a winner for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, we had the same idea! Love your take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love how you rotated the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you changed up the sketch! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bitch.
    I need that mouse stamp. With the goose.

    You. are. Evil.

    I love your card though even if you are an evil siren, luring me to the dark, broke side....

    ReplyDelete
  8. your card is so sweet! Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)