Wednesday, August 6, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Homework, Days 1 & 2, Part 3 (and Last)



I'm back with another card for the current Online Card Classes Stretch Your Stamps 2 class, where days 1 & 2 were focused on Background and Reverse Background stamps. I made two cards earlier, here and here

I just went into the craft room to start on Day 3's homework when I found my craft table covered with remnants of last night's effort to make a card based on Day 2. I was forced - FORCED, I tell you! - to finish it before I could start anew. 

Here's the card, then I'll explain:


This one made me dig out my Perfect Pearls and Perfect Medium. I had to blow the dust off of them, but they still work! :)  I tried the technique with Versamark, but the steps to set it went awry, so Perfect Medium it was. 

I went against the sample and didn't die-cut anything into the card front, but instead put a vellum die-cut over the background. This may or may not have been a good idea, knowing how vellum adhesion and I do not get along. 

I die-cut the jar lid from some SU Brushed Gold card stock, and also die-cut the sentiment out of the Versamark version of the background. It disappeared into the background, so I covered it with gold words and left the black sticking out for contrast. The dot on the 'i' is Liquid Pearls, because of course I lost the die-cut dot. 

I guess I could give this to someone who is really old, huh? All those clocks and the gold ... maybe for a 50th birthday? Or not. We'll see. :)

Okay, NOW I'm going to work on Day 3's homework.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Brushed Gold card stock, misc black card stock, and the following:




2 comments:

  1. Fun background; I like that you can use stamps with your perfect pearls. I never invested in those since I still had barely used some other product (perfect pearls predecessor) that still resides in my stamping cart in a big drawer....sigh!)

    I have ancient supplies of some special type of pencil that worked on black glossy card stock (so of course I have a ream of black glossy card stock...ugh) and I used those pencils twice, maybe. Anyway, the look was similar, but it was free hand drawing. All this babbling to say you are motivating me to use my stash!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background, and the vellum jar!
    MarjR

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)