Sunday, June 15, 2014

Three Cards, Four Challenges

I'm still working on getting back into the swing of challenges, mostly because they awaken my mojo and I actually make stuff.

I started with this sketch challenge from CAS Colours & Sketches:


I thought I'd blend three or more colors together for the sketch, and went in search of a color challenge.

I found two color challenges that had promise, but once again, I kinda stretched them. First, the colors from the current ColourQ challenge:


I selected Distress Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean as being pretty close to these colors.

Then I looked at my printed sheet and saw the current Just Add Ink challenge to use three of the following five colors:


Red, yellow green and blue, right? I didn't have the exact colors for either one, but I felt the colors I chose were close enough to both challenges to qualify.

Anyway, I used those four Distress colors to make three cards using the three Hero Arts Grid stamps that I had to have. Here's the first one:


These stamps are so fun when you heat-emboss them in white, then add Distress inks. I love how the overlapping colors create even more color! But it's still red, yellow, green and blue.

Here's the second card:


I got a little brown on the edges where I let the red and green overlap. Don't do that.

And the last one:


You may notice some water spots on these cards. That was on purpose! It was for my fourth challenge - Keep It Simple, to use splatters:


For this, since I'd used Distress inks, and they play happily with water, I took a brush from my handy water jar and flicked it over the three backgrounds. When it dried, it left water marks, like this:


and this:


I love that look, and also how easy it was to do.

Okay, I'm off to link up. Here's hoping I'm not totally disqualified! But even if I am, it's okay, because these were fun to make. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh those cards are all kinds of awesome with the bright colors and water splashes. I think I "need" to add those stamps to my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbow! You're right, those stamps are perfect for such a technique! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you totally nailed that sketch! I love your rainbow of colors and the emboss resist sentiments. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic design and take on the sketch! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are fabulous stamps and I love the backgrounds you've created to highlight them. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely wonderful Leslie! I love the stamps you used and the blending of colours is fab!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I l-o-v-e these! The rainbow colors are fabulous and I like the water spots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly splattered Leslie! So glad you joined in the FUN @ Keep It Simple!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)