Friday, June 6, 2014

So I Had This Idea ...

When I say "so I had this idea", most times it means I had an idea and it failed to work like I'd envisioned it. I like to look at things -- stamp sets, dies, whatever -- to see if there are other ways to use them besides their original intent. That's what happened last weekend when I had the Simon Says Stamp Scribble Flowers and matching dies in my paws. I must have picked them up and put them down at least 12 times before I tried the "is there another use for these" justification for their purchase.  Never mind that Shari Carroll had used them on a class card and I got to see them in action. I needed another way to use them. And I thought of one, so I bought them.

After much inking and playing and DOHing, I finally sorta got my plan to work. This is what came out:


This is about my 5th attempt at these birds. I thought the circles would be cute wonky birds of all different sizes, and the stems could be spindly legs. I also thought the leaves could be wings, but that one failed me, though maybe my birds are too small. I'll have to try it with the larger circles.

I inked the circles in yellow, then rock-n-rolled the edges in orange before I stamped them, so they're each a bit different. Then I stamped the outline circles over them in black. Because of my failure with the wings, I hand-drew them, plus beaks and some fuzz for hair and tails. Admittedly, they're a bit weird, but they are mine and I love them. :)  I'll keep playing.

Oh, look, the babies are leaning. Sigh. Maybe it's windy. Also, it's very difficult to think of a sentiment to go with this scene besides Hello or Just A Note, so that's what it got.

I sponged the sky and added my standard flying birds. It somehow completes the scene for me.

In other news, this weekend - that would be TONIGHT - is Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) over on Splitcoast. Check it out! There will be hourly challenges Friday night from 6 - 9 pm, and Saturday from 1 - 8 pm. The challenge I'm hosting is at 3 pm Saturday. Why not stop by and play some of them?

Thanks for stopping by my lil' old parcel of the Blogosphere!

Stuff I used: A*Muse Cloud dies, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. The babies are new and therefore wobbly. You're welcome.

    Also, very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)