Saturday, March 15, 2014

ABNH Challenge: Paper Piecing

The new challenge at A Blog Named Hero is Paper Piecing.



We're collaborating with Gossamer Blue this month:


so you'll see a lot of their products on our cards.

Here's my card for the Paper Piecing challenge:


I was HUGELY influenced by Lisa Spangler's card from around the Christmas holidays. I loved her idea of picking the two states and making them stand out, which is what I did with the yummy gold paper in the Gossamer Blue March kit. The lined paper, also from the kit, looks so much like the US highway system, it was a no-brainer to use it here.

I stamped the Hero Arts US Map background in black onto the highway paper, then fussy-cut it. I stamped two parts of the map with Staz-On onto the gold paper, and cut out the two states I wanted. Utah was easy; Ohio not so much. ;/

I cut a piece of the gold & white twine, tied knots in the ends, then glued it onto the gold papers.

For the background, I wanted just the right blue, and the closest I could come to the blue in the kit was a piece of A Muse Eucalyptus card stock I've hoarded. I placed the Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars template over it and sponged Unicorn white ink through the openings. It's not perfect, but I hope it at least gives the illusion of stars.

I stamped a sentiment from the Hero Arts Banners & Messages set onto some green paper from the kit and attached it to the card front under the USofA.

I might be in love with this Gossamer Blue kit, and I don't do kits. I'm sure you'll see more of the papers around here while I play with them some more. :)

Why not stop by A Blog Named Hero and see what my fellow DT peeps have done with paper piecing this month? And please play along! One lucky crafter will win a $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp to purchase some goodies.:



Thanks for stopping by!








Products used: Gossamer Blue March kit, A Muse Eucalyptus card stock, and the following:

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that's a LOT of fussy cutting! That image looks wonderful on that paper, that was a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooooooooo cool! and yeah, the twine totally makes it... so very MAP-like!!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper you stamped the map on as it does indeed look like a highway system. Nifty card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)