Saturday, February 15, 2014

ABNH - Rainbow

The mid-month challenge over at A Blog Named Hero is Rainbow, aka:


We are also collaborating with Elle's Studio this month, and the yummy supplies they sent us are Valentine's Day (Loooove) themed. My first thought was how to get a rainbow out of products that were mostly (gah) pink. Then I thought I'd try to use the sentiment in the stamp set and stamp it in rainbow colors, and just use the papers as background. This is what came out:


Yeah, I know, it's really busy, but I was so in love with that heart patterned paper I had to include at least a strip of it. The grey dotted piece is there because I needed something neutral to put behind the busy sentiment panel.  I put the whole shebang onto a Hero Arts Charcoal card base, because it obviously didn't need any more color, ya know? :)

Don't forget to check out the yummy Elle's Studio "Love You More" collection. :)

Why not stop over to A Blog Named Hero and see what the other DT peeps did with the Rainbow theme? Also, if you play along with us (and please do!) there is a gift certificate from Simon Says Stamp up for grabs!



Thanks for stopping by!








Products used: mini glue dots (behind the wood veneer piece), Twinery Caribbean twine, Elle's Studio paper and wood veneer from the Love You More collection, and the following:


3 comments:

  1. It is a tad busy, but it definitely works. The words are the focal point and I love the rainbow effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you say "busy" i say delightfully kinetic! :) :) :) (what can i say, i like there to be a lot going on, as long as it's harmonious and nothing is fighting anything else, which you've totally pulled off here, hence the totally AWESOMENESS!) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes busy works--like this time. There are so many great things to look at but if you need a rest there are places for your eyes to go too. I like your take on rainbow with different shades of the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)