Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oh, Shiny!

Some friends are in town for a crop, and I stopped by yesterday to visit and chat. Naturally, we started discussing things we needed and didn't have, so a crafty field trip was in order. How does this always happen?!?!?!

I don't like these crafty field trips, because I tend to buy things I don't need. My intent was to get a basket to store my Thickers collection, but to get to the baskets we had to pass by all the other crafty displays, and things were 40% off, so I looked. I got a few practical things, like new Fiskars scissors and some replacement blades for my paper trimmer, but I also got three 6x6 pads of paper I don't need. So one of my pals challenged me to use at least one of them when I got home, which I did.

Here is one of the cards I made:


I used some Lil' Inker balloon dies to cut two colors of some foil papers (one of the three 6x6 packs I picked up). I added some DMC silver thread to them and popped them up on dimensional adhesive.  The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays (linked below) and it's stamped in Luxe Gray Flannel ink, then clear-embossed.

The background was boring, so before I stuck everything down, I die-cut a cloud and used it to sponge a sky-ish background with some Hero Arts Soft Sky ink. It's very subtle, and adds some color without detracting from the shiny balloons.

Here's an up-close look at the shiny balloons:


This 6x6 pad might not have been the wisest purchase, but I think I can have some fun with it.

Oh, and I did get a couple of baskets to hold my Thickers and some other stuff. I cleared a space on my cabinets and set them up, then Bobra decided to check them out:


Yep, a perfect fit! HA!

Whaaa, you lookin' at me?


He's such a character.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:  Li'l Inkers balloon dies, DCWV Foiled 6x6 card stock, DMC silver thread, A Muse cloud die, and the following:




1 comment:

  1. The shiny balloons are so pretty. Love the sky background, too. But mostly I love Bobra investigating his new basket - because you know they really do belong to him. Maybe he'll allow you to use them, though. He's a very handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)