Sunday, January 26, 2014

Best Day Evah

I cut up more stamps. I have the Paper Smooches Slang Gang stamp set, and one of the sentiments is "the best day evah". I wanted to be able to put each word on a separate line and put a period after each word - thought it would be cute, or something.  I did hesitate, but finally I did it, and had four tiny stamps. Here is the resulting card:


I was following the current sketch from Deconstructing Jen:


It's a little more involved than the sketches I've played lately, but I've been wanting to try the wonky paper angle, so I went for it.  After I selected the papers I focused on the white panel and that's when I thought about using that cut-up Slang Gang sentiment ... thought it would be fun to stack the words vertically on that panel.

But the panel was too long and needed more text, so since the words were already on separate lines, I used another sentiment from the same set to fill it in. I decided against the period after each word, thinking the separate lines was enough.

The only thing I DO NOT like about this card are the crooked holes I punched for the glasses brad. I put them too close together and you can see the little legs. But aren't they cute? First time I've used them. They were out on my desk, not yet put away from wherever I'd unpacked them, and I thought they'd be perfect for this card.

Well, it's another snowy day here, so I guess I'll spend some time in the craft room. Life's rough, right? :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Eyelet Outlet glasses brads, SU punch, and the following:






3 comments:

  1. I like the angled paper and those glasses are too cute! Can you cut the legs off the brad and just stick it down with some glue dots or something next time? That would avoid showing too much leg ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your take on that sketch as I certainly wouldn't know what to do with it. This is such a fun card that puts a smile on my face. I find with Paper Smooches that I love all their sets so much I never can decide which one to buy so I don't buy any. I'm definitely seeing a need for the slang one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the sketch...I didn't even notice the legs...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)