Monday, December 2, 2013

Washi Tag CASE

When I saw the second card in this post by Laura Bassen, I knew immediately I needed to CASE it. Then I remembered I wanted to play the Reverse Confetti November Color Challenge:

so I combined the two and made this:


I think it works on some level. I like that the tag is elevated and I even got it mostly lined up:


I thought the card needed something more, so I used a wood veneer heart that I colored with a Copic, then covered with Wink Of Stella so it was all sparkly, then drowned it with Glossy Accents so I could wait for glue to dry.

I made this card on Nov 30th, but I missed the cutoff for the Reverse Confetti challenge. Fortunately for me, I'm used to being about a week behind the rest of the world, so I'm okay with that.

I think I'll play with my washi and this sketch, though, and crank out some cards for OWH.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Divine Twine navy, Pick Your Plum orange washi tape, KK (I have no recollection of that that stands for) navy washi tape, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. I love this technique!!! I think it looks fabulous Leslie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a great take on the challenge, and I love that wooden heart accent! Don't worry.... I'm always late to challenges too! I'm a day late and a dollar short - it's the story of my life :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)