Saturday, December 28, 2013

CASE #3 - Washi Tape

When I saw this card I knew immediately I needed to CASE it. I used four different stacks of washi tape and made three of each so I could mix up the sentiments. Here is the green & blue version:


I totally CASEd the whole design, including the plain white die-cut circles. The only change I made was to replace the rolled rose on the original card with a hand-made button. One of each color combination got this Happy Birthday sentiment.

Here is another color combination:


One of each color combination got this Love You sentiment, except the next one:


I had to use a different (smaller) sentiment here because there wasn't room for the Love You. When you stamp without a net and back into your designs, you are forced to select sentiments that fit. This actually reduces the stress, since the number of choices are fewer. :)

The last color combination:


I was pretty stoked about making my own buttons again. I plan to send these to Operation Write Home, so they can't be too fat. I stuck some washi tape (from another spool in each pack) to some white card stock, then punched it out with a 3/4" circle punch. I also punched out three more plain white circles for each button and stacked them for some heft. I punched two holes in each button and threaded some twine through. Wow, I've actually used a few inches from my Miles Of Twine collection. Go, me.

Alrighty, then. I'm going back in for some more. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: 3/4" circle punch; Whisker Graphics Divine Twine in Blueberry, Black Licorice and Oyster; The Twinery twine in Mandarin Orange; SU mini glue dots, and the following:



1 comment:

  1. You are and shall evermore be the Queen of Washi Tape! Those are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)