Tuesday, November 5, 2013

SOS #126 - Thanks

It's Tuesday, and time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week's theme is Thanks. Feel free to make that Thanks, Thank You, Grateful, etc., as long as it's a thank you theme.

I'm still working out of The Heaplet, and I made two cards from the remnants I selected. Here is the first one:


All these remnants were cut-offs from an OWH marathon I had a while back to use up a pack of 12x12 paper I'd purchased by mistake. Do not tell me you've never done that. *ahem*

I just took two of the striped remnants, trimmed them down, and lined them up. Ooh, lots of prepositions in that sentence.

I stamped the sentiment on a remnant of another base, since I have this thing about my sentiment card stock matching the base card stock, stuck it down, and added a shiny black dot thing from a bag that's been on my desk for years.

Here is the other card:


I just swapped the orange and black strips, which were the other parts of the ones I trimmed for the first card.

Now it's your turn! Go grab something from your stash and make a thank you card or other project. Then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. ...so "MERCI" is ok then, lol?!?!? :) :) :) love, love, LOVE what you can do merely working from the heaplet, it's a constant inspiration!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make better stuff from your Heaplet than a lot of people do using an entire store. I like the color combination and the stripes and dots, but especially the shiny black dot thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cheery thank you. Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the slanted sentiment flag! Too cool :) And no, that's never ever happened to me *cough* I don't know what you're talking about *cough cough*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Leslie! I love the papers and the slanted edge on your sentiment! Very sophisticated design!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12x12 paper is my nemesis. Especially when it's a good deal. (I just added 3 packs of 25 sheets each to my stash. Party on. I'm sure I'll have a use for purple with black polka dots paper especially since it's backed with spider webs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should add, not all 3 packs are that paper, I also got a fab chevron print as well as a print that has 6 different paper styles per page. Yeah, anyway. Love the cards and their CAS style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you switched the vertical panels from one card to the next! It's a great look, simple in design, and the sentiment fonts are just darling and CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)