Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SOS #123 - Oldest Ribbon

It's Tuesday, and time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to dig out and use your oldest ribbon or fibers.  Pretty simple.

Since I'm mid-pack-and-purge, I might have given away or sold or packed my oldest oldest ribbon, so I've use the oldest of what I have not packed yet to make this:


The oldest ribbon I have is some SU Taupe ribbon that I may or may not have hoarded back in the day when SU changed from general color names for their ribbons to making them match the ink and paper colors. I grabbed an old class kit and used the Kraft and navy card stock pieces from the kit, and I added a layer of Olive from my box of 1/4 sheet card stock pieces.  Even the sentiment was stamped onto a piece of white from the kit.

The layer under the white circle is another scrap of Kraft, but you can't tell from my sukky lighting. My ghetto photo studio fell apart, and I moved everything around for the crafty sale so the lighting is worse than normal, so, yeah, sorry.

Now it's your turn. Go dig into your stash for the oldest ribbon or fiber you can find, use it on a project, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU card stock, SU Taupe ribbon, and the following:






2 comments:

  1. You would think by now I would make sure I didn't have a sip of anything in my mouth when I come visit, but nooooooo. By now I accept responsibility for spitting out my drink at what you say ;) This time it was ghetto photo studio.
    That's got to be some old ribbon, because I seriously wasn't aware (except through you) that SU didn't always name their everythings alliteratively!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jessi....you made me laugh!! :) Ghetto photo studio!! And this card is great! Good job using so much stash! I love the embossing!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)