Tuesday, October 8, 2013

SOS #122 - Embossing x2

It's Tuesday, and time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to do embossing times 2. That means you can use two different embossing folders, or two different colors of embossing powder, or mix it up and do one of each!

I went for one of each, and made this:


First I stamped the Hero Arts Snow Dots background onto a piece of white card stock and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I ran that piece through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder. Here is a detailed shot so you can see all the sparkly goodness on the dry-embossed dots:


I was tempted to do an emboss resist on this, but then I changed my mind. Why? Because I was still dealing with fall-out* from my crafty sale, and I was determined to start using my bags and bags of left-over class kits. I grabbed one with a pretty piece of what I think is Bermuda Bay card stock. I stuck down the embossed white piece, then added strips of black on each side. Before I stuck them down, I added a strip of red for a pop of color.

The sentiment is stamped on another piece of white from the kit. Go, me.

Now it's your turn! Pull out some of your neglected embossing folders, or some embossing powders, use two of them on a project, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

*where fall-out means "OMG, I still have all this stuff left"

Products used: SU card stock, Hero Arts Big All Time Greetings stamp set, and the following:



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Nice color combination, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice, bright, double embossed card! I must give that a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying not to laugh at the fall-out...oh boy. Add in books and you likely have a LOT of stuff to move. Yikes! I love the look of the double-embossing - I think I've always done it the other way around, dry then heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card design is perfect. A pop of red? Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK....embossing on your embossing....that is cool!! I love that idea! Great card!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the bold colors and lettering, not to mention that great embossing on top of dry embossing! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)