Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thanks

I spent most of yesterday making failed card fronts. Yes, I did. I had this idea, and I just couldn't let it go. I ended up with about seven card fronts that I intensely dislike, and not one of the cards was finished. Finally, I found myself in need of a Thank You card, so I pushed everything aside and went off in a totally different direction, and TA DA: a card:


I'm not sure that gold border works, but my earlier rut was using Ferro with a stencil, so this was my nod to that effort, I guess. It's not pretty on the end, but .. whatever. I think the blue strip by itself would have been boring.

Here you see some of my new goodies. :) I used some Carta Bella Rough and Tumble papers (LOVE the colors), my new Hero Arts Stylish Borders stencil, and my Stamptember Simon Says Stamp Thanks On A Line die. LOVE the font. I cut the die 4 or 5 times out of white and stacked them up for dimension, then put the blue one on top of it.

Except for the gluing and the waiting-for-Ferro-to-dry parts, this was a pretty quick no-stamping card. I'm quite happy with it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. That is a fun font! The papers are groovy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold border, it breaks up the blue nicely. It's becoming so easy to make a card without stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, great patterned papers, and I must have that die. It's a fantastic font!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)