Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wherein I CASE Stephanie Klauck

I had the pleasure of meeting Stephanie Klauck a few months ago, and I have to tell you: besides being insanely talented, this chica can make me laugh. Laugh as in "don't be drinking if she is talking" laugh. Best. Time. Ever.

Back to the talented part now ... I was enabled to need the Simon Says Stamp Leaf Column Background and Leaf Column Outline dies, probably because I saw someone use them and it woke up my wantmonster. Then I saw this card on Stephanie's blog, and I knew it was time to play. I mostly CASEd her card and made this:


I lined up all my pieces, but I think I like them better staggered like she did. I also went for a softer orange - I think this is SU Groovy Guava. I tried other colors but kept coming back to orange.

To further complicate assembly, I die-cut the background leaf thrice out of a piece of Core'dinations textured  white so the green pieces would nestle into the card front. Well, the background pieces would; the outline dies are still on top.

To stick on the pesky outline pieces, I flipped them over and applied dots of glue from my Martha Stewart glue pen.

Now I'm going to finally put away those dies and play with something else. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU Groovy Guava card stock, Core'dinations textured white card stock, Martha Stewart glue pen, and:



3 comments:

  1. so, you're apologizing for CASEing her? LOL this is a great design, both of you are amazing amazeballs amazois <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I like that die and the textured leaves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! Gotta get me that die.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)