Monday, July 29, 2013

Small Gang

As you may know, I have a few Gelatos on hand, and I'm always looking for new ways to use them. Today I caught this video using Gelatos and a stencil and I decided to try it. It's crazy-easy to do! Check out what I just made:


1. Scribble several colors of Gelatos onto a regular piece of card stock.
2. Rub with your finger(s) to blend.
3. Place a stencil over the Gelato'd background. Hold it or tape it into place.
4. Go over it with a baby wipe.

You're done. The wipe removes some of the color from the openings in the stencil and leaves the negative behind. Like I said: crazy-easy. Just think of the possibilities with all the stencils in your growing collection. :)

I decided to leave the background as it was and just add the image and sentiment from a Mama Elephant set I HAD to have when I first saw it, and yes, I just now used it. AND I broke my 50% rule since I pretty much only wanted those two images. heh heh I inked the images in Versafine Onyx and clear-embossed them. Done.

I really like how this turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: More triangles = another link-up over at Moxie Fab World Trendy Triangles.

Products used: Clear embossing powder from Viva Las Vegas Stamps (it was a pint bottle of the stuff - I will never use it all), and the following:



3 comments:

  1. I love what other people do with Gelatos but I don't feel the love when working with them myself. Sorry I am so weird... I think your card turned out great and love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, you're gonna make me want stencils next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)