Sunday, July 28, 2013

Just Playing

Today was a bust in several ways, so I decided on a no-pressure approach to crafting and took out some things to just play. I grabbed my still unopened Crafter's Workshop Mini Tri Mosaic stencil and some old old old Dreamweaver embossing paste that I bought at my LSS to use with my collection of brass stencils, but I've maybe used it once.

Here's what I made, then I'll explain:


I started by applying the embossing paste over the stencil onto a piece of Kraft card stock, then let it dry. While it was drying, I read the jar to get a clue of what to use to color it. I was pretty sure alcohol markers were out. The jar said one option was to stipple some ink (or was that paint?) onto it, so I did! I grabbed a stipple brush and several Hero Arts inks and applied a sorta rainbow of color across the triangles.

Note: Put the stencil back over the white triangles before you stipple so only the triangles get the ink.

I trimmed down the Kraft card stock, then cut a mat from Hero Arts Punch layering paper. I rounded the corners of both the red layer and the white card base with my 1/8" corner chomper.

I had a piece of the Punch paper left, so I white-embossed the sentiment from the MFT Right On Target set. It looked nekkid so I added a wooden heart and arrow that I colored with Copics.

I love how this turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

07/29/13 ETA: I knew there was a Moxie Fab challenge for triangles, but just now found it (stoopid day job), so I'm linking this to the Moxie Fab Trendy Triangles challenge.

Products used: Dreamweaver white embossing paste, and the following:


5 comments:

  1. I love this technique! Thanks for the scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I recall that technique from so long ago. Kudos to you for remembering how to do it! This looks amazing and trendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The embossing paste adds some dimension and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one cool card. love the stencil, glad it got some love!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leslie! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)