Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Am Not Dead

It's been a crafty weekend here at the Crooked household, but you can't tell from my lack of posts here. Well, actually I've done three or four posts, but they are all future, so you'll have to wait. :) But lucky you: I messed up, so I have cards that don't work for their intended purpose, but they are finished and they are fine.

I like to take every opportunity I have to do "what ifs", where I try things different ways. This comes in handy when I can't decide and I just do both. I'm getting very good with "I meant to do that".

Here is the first of two cards:


This card and the next one are the same except for the length of the two banners. Here's the second one:


I was following a sketch, but I messed it up, and this is what I had to work with -- just the banners. What do you think?  Do you prefer one over the other?

I think they'll go to OWH as "celebration" cards. OWH is well-stocked with Birthday, but balloons work for any celebration occasion, including Birthday, so these are actually more versatile than the occasion-specific cards.

Okay, I'm going back in to see if I have anything left in me this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU Naturals White card stock, Neat & Tangled sequins, and the following:
(Note: When an item is listed twice, one link is for Ellen Hutson and one is for Simon Says Stamp. I know people have shopping preferences, and I just like to help. :))



5 comments:

  1. Great sentiment and great colored sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I prefer the top one - I like the bigger banner at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second one better for some reason. My eye was drawn to it first. Actually, both my eyes were drawn to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second one best. The eye gets drawn to the longer banner end and then back to the sentiment. Playing the 'what if' game is a great thing to do when you're designing... It kinda forces you to do what I call 'stretchng your creative muscles'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both, but I like the second one better. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)