Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jingle Belles Sketch (not)

Well, this started out as a card for the current Jingle Belles Rock sketch challenge, but since there's so much s-crap on top of the printed challenges I missed where the sentiment was supposed to go. So, this card is merely inspired by the sketch.

First, the sketch:


and here's my card:


The papers are from my Basic Grey Jovial 6x6 pack. I almost never use the black/brown pieces, so this was perfect. I messed up by putting my sentiment on the circle and I added the ribbon since I seemed to be missing something. That "something" was the horizontal sentiment bottom right. Doh!

Anyway, this was easy and fun to make, even if it doesn't qualify.

In other news, since I'm working on finding the top of my desk, I thought I'd show you something not seen very often in these parts: my whole grid pad was visible for a moment, so I captured it for posterity. Lookie:


It's been covered up on the right with the sketches, so all is back to normal in my world. Also, since I had the camera in there, here is a gratuitous photo of Bobra:


This is where he sits while I craft. I woke him up and asked him to look at me. I think he's showing me a little attitude, don't you agree? How do you say, "Pffth!" in cat-speak?

Okay, I'm going to see what else I can cook up today. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Love your card! Am envious of your wonderful work space, and great photo of your furry little friend.

    OpinionsToGo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we're flexible sketchers here ... I love the sentiment as the focal point and the wrap of ribbon is a fabulous touch ... always glad to have you join us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did tie a neat bow in this great card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to like the sentiment in the circle! And I laughed about the crap piled up....story of my crafty life. One day I'll take a picture.
    I LOVED Jovial - I scored a second pad recently & I love it just as much as I did the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it better with the sentiment where it is. What else would you put on that circle, anyway? Bobra does look a little miffed at being awakened for a photo shoot, poor guy. He's adorable, regardless of attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobra! He is handsome and he knows it...and I can tell he knows he is loved.

    I think your card totally still qualifies; just a little creative license. The elements are all there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you say, "mistake"... i say, "brilliant innovation"!!! when you can make a sketch look THIS COOL, missus, you can put the sentiment ♥ANYWHERE♥ you desire!!! so there!!! :) :) :) (ps: it always makes my day to see ya at JINGLE BELLES!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, I think all sketches are really open to some interpreation, and besides how boring would this world be if we all did everything the same? Your card is wonderful! Bobra looks alot like my kitty...don't you love it when they sit there with everything tucked underneath their bodies?? SO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)