Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Happily Ever After

Hello, and happy CATurday!! Bobra had his first trip to my Vet today, and he has been declared a VERY healthy young cat, which we pretty much already knew, but now he's officially ON FILE, ya know? He also had his lethal claws clipped so my hands may actually heal now, and he'd been chipped, so if he sneaks out, he can be returned to me. 

Since I was up and out of the house so early, when I got back I figured I might as well stamp, so I went into The Captain's Quarters to tackle next week's SOS challenge card.  I actually started to, following the current MFT sketch:

which I turned on its ear and A2d (that's now a verb). But then my card went off in SUCH a different direction from my SOS theme, so I just went with the flow and I made this instead:

Again, these MME papers were still out on my desk, so yeah, I used them. I cut two partial circles with my Nestabilities and used the flip side of the papers, well, because I could. I had layered it on another piece of the green from the pack, but I still added the herringbone papers back into their openings. Note: The bottom/left circle filler had to be cut out of another piece because it isn't symmetrical and I couldn't just turn it over. Life is rough all over.

The flourish is one of my new MFT dies, and here it is before I anchored it and covered it up:

It's so pretty! I knew it would be a perfect shape to layer under sentiment panels, so that's what I did!

Now about that sentiment panel... I wanted to use one of the narrow rectangle Nestabilities dies, but couldn't find one that fit, so I went with the "too fat" option and used a regular rectangle. I was going to live with it, but I was twitchy, and it covered up too much of the flourish. What to do ... what to do ...

I hacked it. I did. Lookie:


Sorry it's out of focus. Bad lighting. Bad photographer. And yes, it's about time for a new cutting plate. All I did was move the die down a little and cut the top white space away. I didn't run it all the way through, so the bottom edge didn't get re-impressed by the edge of the die.

Once again:

I really like how this turned out. Oh, and FYI, the Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink is a perfect match for these MME papers. Yes, you need it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Product Enablement List:

Spellbinders Circle dies Large (SSS) and Small (SSS)
Spellbinders Rectangle dies
My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary Jack & Jill papers (SSS)
Neenah Solar White card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)
MFT Sentimental Flourish die (SSS | EH)
MFT Lovey-Dovey Sentiments stamp set (This was last month's free set; it can be purchased with this month's release.)
Hero Arts Pale Tomato Mid-Tone ink (SSS | EH)

3 comments:

  1. Really cool! I love how "A2'd" is now a verb. I'm adopting it! : )

    Best,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flourish is so fun - goes great with the dots. And I love those rolled up candles you have down below. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! But you are causing me to want more ink - more Hero Arts ink, to be exact. Please stop. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)