Sunday, September 16, 2012

You Are Appreciated

I love the Retro Sketches ... sketches, and I haven't played enough lately. I decided to play one before it expired *checks post cutoff*  - dang, it ended Friday. Oh, well, let me start again.

Welcome to another episode of "missed it by thiiiis much", in which I finally get to doing a sketch even though it's past the posting deadline. It's still a great sketch, right? And it's not like I'd WIN. It's not about winning anyway; it's all about the challenge.

So here is last week's challenge:

I like the asymmetry, don't you?

I rummaged in The Heaplet and found a piece of patterned paper that I cut into two pieces, and I made two of these:

The layer is Always Artichoke, left over from my mini-marathon earlier today. And how long has it been since I've used grosgrain ribbon?! Speaking of SABLE. (look it up in the left side bar)

In real life, there are what I think would be Almost Amethyst stripes in that paper, and I did ponder for a moment digging in the cabinet and pulling some out, but I resisted. I think the Artichoke works best, here.

As an added bonus, I didn't even trim that paper. That's the width it was in The Heaplet. I just cut it shorter, and I have a teeny piece left over that I'm debating tossing or using. I know, what's wrong with me, right?!

In other news, I'm no longer a Stampin' Up Demo, so things are changing around here. On the blog, I'm linking to some of the supplies I use (to better enable you), and in The Captain's Quarters, I'm starting to take out the retired card stock colors from the bowels of the cabinet and I'm mixing them in with their brethren and sistren on my main card stock supply shelf. As things thin out, I may or may not replace them. I do love the SU card stock, and I have all the colors memorized, so I'll probably keep buying it. However, I did stock up on some Bazzill card stock, so you'll start seeing that in the mix here real soon. I'm working my way through my hoarded white card stocks from various companies, too, and I'll eventually decide which one I'll stick with.

That's it for now. I may leave the house and hit up the grocery for some eats. Food stuffs are getting pretty thin around here, and my tummy is growling. A girl's got to have some priorities, non?

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Change is a good thing. Also food. That's good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do love those sketches! Did you see that there is a new sketch blog coming up soon? They are looking for a design team, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a brilliant take on this sketch!!! (EVER so much better than mine, sigh, but that's beside the point) i'll be shocked if this doesn't make AT LEAST the gallery and maybe the WINNER at RS! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)