Friday, June 1, 2012

Hero Arts June Technique Challenge

When I saw the Hero Arts June Technique Challenge today, I was so excited, I had to play as soon as I got home. And it's not even the last day of the month, yet. I KNOW! *feels forehead*  The challenge is to use die-cuts to dry-emboss.

Here's one of the two cards I made tonight:

I die-cut three of the flower shapes from the Hero Arts/Sizzix set, taped them together, then layered them in my Big Shot according to the directions in the video. It left a raised impression in the white card stock, which you can see here:



I left the layers in place while I stamped the flower over it, so it would retain its poofiness. A piece of washi tape for contrast, some yellow twine, a little bling, ba-da-boom.

For the second card I did basically the same thing:

... but this time I paper-pieced the flower parts. Here it is so you can sorta maybe see the raised-ness of the flower:

Yeah, this was crazy-easy to do. There's sooo many possible applications for the technique, I suspect you'll see me do this again. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: HA/Sizzix stamp/framelit set 657778, HA Sweet of You
Paper: SU Whisper White, SU Poppy Parade, SU DSP scraps
Inks: Ranger Distress Bundled Sage, Distress Barn Door and Scattered Straw markers
Other: Twinery twine, Recollections bling, Target paper tape

3 comments:

  1. I watched that video and you did a wonderful job with these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful piece you've made using this technique - really like this.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)