Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Paper Smooches Birthday

(If you are looking for this week's Shopping Our Stash challenge, please scroll down, or click here.)

When I saw the latest Paper Smooches Sparks challenge, I was inspired to play. I made three cards last night that I threw away, but I tried again today. Here is the sketch:


And here is my latest attempt:

This is NOT how it started, but in the end I'm glad I got to open both my Party Posse and Party Pals stamp sets, and I also used remnants for everything but the card base.

As soon as I stamped this image, I knew I was in trouble since I am not a fan of coloring, so paper piecing it was! I stamped the balloon on a yellow scrap and the critters on some Basic Grey PB&J pieces. Then I had to stamp the eyes and teef again so they stood out.

Once I decided to cover the balloon in Crystal Effects, I thought maybe I should have just colored it instead of paper piecing:

Well, it IS very shiny. :)

Here's a close-up of Miss Kitty and her jewels:

Yeah, she's wearing her pearls! There are other pearls on this card front, mostly to cover unexplained ink smudges. Well, at least her eyes aren't blood-shot, so there's that. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! So fun and cute. Love the paper piecing on here too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a cute card Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun paper piecing! Thanks for playing with us this week on the Sparks challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love ♥EVERYTHING♥ about this... butmy favorite part is miss kitty's pearls!!! (& the fact that there are other "scattered" pearls to cover ink smudges, which is making me think maybe someday i WILL stamp something on a white card afterall!!!0 ;0 ;0 ;0

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)