Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jingle Belles Rock - Buttons!

The current Jingle Belles Rock challenge is All Buttoned Up, where they ask us to use buttons (or brads or eyelets) on a card. Duuude, I still had my Figgy Pudding papers out, so I made this:

I used this sketch from The Sweetest Thing:

and it all just came together. I layered all the parts-is-parts with Cherry Cobbler card stock and it's on a Naturals White base. Aaaaaaand, I used three of my "big a$$" buttons, to boot! I overcame the "where do I put a sentiment" issue by using my trusty Dymo labeler again.

I think I'll go design my one remaining stamp carving assignment: a word. Then I'll be all caught up! Until the next lesson on Thursday. LOTS of time ...

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a fun Christmas card - I love the big buttons and the way you used your Dymo labeler for the sentiment. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome are those big bold buttons ... a rockin' holiday card ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun ... can't wait to see you using those carved stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combination of patterns and I love your big a$$ buttons. I also like your carved damask design from your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oof yes, those are indeed buttons of a substantial size... but then THAT is exactly why they work perrrrrrfectly for this! and a big "OH YEAH" to said dymo labeller for savin' the day AGAIN; mine is never far from my side* for exactly that reason!!!!!! well done missus, this is beautiful AND cool AND a great take on both prompt and sketch! HOME RUN! ♥


    *whilst crafting, i mean. i don't carry it around with me whilst engaged in civilian activities or anything. i think that might be a bit much, on, say, a picnic or something. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think I will actually do one of these challenges this year? It's like on my stampy bucket list :)

    I'm eeered since Google added two spam words :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I love your big a$$ buttons too! I really need to get me a Dymo labeler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I like the paper, I still have some too, I'm a hoarder!
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)