Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh, Crab

I finally opened my new Paper Smooches stamps last night and used the crab, which was the main reason I bought this set (other than the critters are all STINKIN' CUTE!) to make this:


ALL. SCRAPS. Did you know a crab is not red until it's cooked? Well, except for the red crab, but here in Maryland crabs are blue-ish when alive, so mine is blue. Plus, I had a scrap of blue paper out on top of The Heaplet, so, you see, I had no choice.

This is your pretty standard beach scene, except I forgot the ocean, so he's floating on air with his paws claws in the sand. The sand is torn Creamy Caramel card stock. The clouds are two layers - white and some SU blue DSP scrap. The yellow is very shiny mystery card stock. Clouds are an A Muse die; sun is MFT. Birds by moi, drawn with a black Memento marker.

The eyes. Well, his eyes started out blue, like his body, so I colored them with a white gel pen, but the pupils disappeared, so as soon as the white part was dry, I added Ranger glossy enamel black dots. They started out smaller than what you see here. It was kindof like cutting your own bangs ... a little more here, a little more there ... until the black spots were almost as big as the white parts of the eyes. I finally declared them "even enough" and let them dry over night.

Well, who know I could say so much about a little blue crab? I personally think he's charming. :)

Happy Almost Friday, people!!! And thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and I think his eyes turned out great. I could go for some crab now, but here the only crab we get is frozen in a a bag from the store. Not really that good. Quite envious of people who get the fresh stuff actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so STINKIN' cute! I can't wait to get my hands on this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)