Sunday, November 13, 2011

Not What I'd Intended To Make

I went into The Captain's Quarters to work on this week's Jingle Belles card. We were asked to use at least one sticker, so I grabbed two packages of holiday felt stickers (whaaat ... don't you buy two of everything?) and turned around to get to work. Then I encountered this:

This is the desk I showed you on Tuesday, and apparently I haven't been back. So I had to work on other stuff before I could make my Jingle Bells card.

First, I finished up that snow globe card I'd started. Here's the finished card:

The snowman and sentiment are from SU's Snow Much Fun set. The snow globe is from a pack I bought online and have not used yet. I thought I'd just use half of one as a layer on a standard A2 card and I like how it turned out. The embossed layer is Baja Breeze. I colored some SU white taffeta with a Copic marker, and since it's been 5 days, I'd say it worked. :) Button is from the stash.

Okay, one down. Then I tackled this unfinished project:

I used the four remaining lady images I had stamped in brown to make four of these cards. One of my scalloped long rectangle Nesties has gone missing, so I improvised the brown layer with a different die.

Now, about that ribbon. I know you say you hoard like I do, but how many of you still have SU Taupe grosgrain? Anyone? I found two unopened spools plus an open one. Can you say SABLE? (Look it up in the left side-bar.)

So now it's 8 pm, and I'm too tired to start another card. I'll have to do my Jingle Belles card tomorrow.

In other news, yesterday's craft show was not the best one I've ever had, so I moped around last night, then snapped out of it today and added about a third of my holiday card stash to my Etsy store. Plus, I added the two cards I just made. I kinda like this. So if you saw anything in passing over the past year as I made my Jingle Belles cards, check out my Etsy store. Hopefully I'll have another card to show you tomorrow. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)