Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Car, A Card, and Some Shameless Commerce

Another gorgeous day in Maryland, and I actually left the house today! I DID! I drove to my storage unit to retrieve the walls I use for the larger craft shows - my big (and final) show is this weekend at Bauer Drive Community Center, Rockville, MD. Here's the back of my car:


And no, it's not full, not even close. See all that space behind the tables where I stuck the legs for the walls? LOTS of space. And I can still see out the back window, so nope, not full. But it is as full as it will get this time. I've actually cut way back on the s-crap I haul with me to these things. I need to streamline. And in case you're wondering, my car ALWAYS holds that stuff, except for the wall sections on top, which is what I picked up today.

So to celebrate that feat (leaving the house... I tend to be a recluse when I don't need to be somewhere), when I got home I made this card:

I followed this two-week-old sketch from Twisted Sketches, sortof, but it doesn't matter since it's two weeks old, and doesn't count for anything anyway. Pffth. It's all about the idea, right?

This card actually started with the Poinsettia I made using my now-opened Poinsettia stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions. LOVE! I stamped them in Cherry Cobbler onto Cherry Cobbler card stock. The leaves are stamped in Wild Wasabi onto Wild Wasabi card stock. The red in the SU papers is Real Red, but I think this works okay.

And I don't know about you, but having made a Christmas card a week for 48 weeks has me kinda Christmas'd out in the card category. So after this weekend I won't be making any more this year. Well, unless I decide to actually SEND cards this year - hahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tears of laughter* ... but hey, it could happen. Maybe.

In other news, I spent some time today making chipboard pieces covered in pretty paper to use to hold my massive yardage of twine that I'm selling in my Etsy shop. I do not need 400 yards of twine. So if you'd like a 20-yard length of twine, check it out here. :)

That's it. I need to mentally prepare myself to go back to work tomorrow. This could take all night.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you car sure holds tons of stuff! I wish I had a bigger car! Love your card, that die is gorgeous! Wow, I can't believe you've made a Christmas card every week. I'd be so sick of them by now! I make some and then half the time never send them out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)