Thursday, October 20, 2011

HYCCT - Treat Yourself

Today's HYCCT challenge on Splitcoast is Treat Yourself, where we were asked to make a card with yummy edibles that contained a touch of (gah) pink! I used one of my new-to-me MFT Flopsey images and this MFT sketch:
to make this:

In my cleaning efforts, I re-discovered this pack of Basic Grey olivia 12x12 papers that I got on sale at the LSS. The stamp set is Cupcake Flopsey, and I used the MFT File Tab die and a square Nestie.

Let me tell you a little story about those micro beads. I covered the top of the cupcake with a gel adhesive, placed a piece of printer paper underneath it, then - like with glitter - I slowly poured the beads onto the adhesive. They stuck great! And the excess was caught by ... not the printer paper, but the lip of the standing desk, because it is angled! Down! ACK ACK ACK! Do you know that beads roll? Yes, they do! I got about half of them contained and back into the bottle, and the rest, well, I'll vacuum in there again some day.

Okay, I'm off to post this to SCS and to link up over at the MFT blog. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. CA-UUUUUUTE!! I love Flopsey and that is a super "sweet" card! :) Love how you used your BG Olivia paper, too. And the beads on the cupcake?! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - OMG that is funny! I would not have thought of that until it was too late...

    FANTASTIC card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Left a huge smile on my face, great card!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)