Wednesday, October 5, 2011

HYCCT - A Sketch

As I post this, Twitter is streaming the news of Steve Jobs' passing. Even though I own i-nothing, I am still very, very sad. I almost delayed posting tonight, but decided it's better to show cancer who's boss, so here we go.

Today's Hope You Can Cling To challenge at Splitcoast is this sketch:

The two circles are supposed to represent "the girls". :) Here's my take on it:

This is about the 6th incarnation of this card. It started out pink, then I started taking stuff away and changing layers and it ended up ... green. Isn't card-making fun? You never know whatchya gonna get!

I'm pretty proud of how much stash I used here. Card base is Bazzill, the patterned paper is Basic Grey euphoria (like you didn't see that one coming), the stamped circle shape is Waltzingmouse as is the flair thing under the PTI sentiment, Kaiser Kraft paper flowers, SU button and twine, and SU Basic Grey and Certainly Celery ink. Oh, and Nestabilities to cut the circle (I got it centered!!!!!!) and the popped-up (hopped up) panel for the sentiment.

Phew! I'm off to post this at SCS and to address the envelope for my first batch of cards to UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: RIP, Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)