Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - Home Is Where ...

This week's Hambo Hoedown image (free if you played last week and remembered to email them your card) is this adorable house:

I immediately saw a Dr. Seuss house. :)

This week's challenge is to incorporate something from around the house that you don't normally see on a card! Um, well, I kinda stretched this a bit, and used something you won't normally see on one of MY cards. First, here's my card:

See those trees? They came from this household object:

Yep - a tissue box. So I guess my title would be "Home Is Where The Tissues Are". :) Now, I know a lot of crafters that would say this is a "normal" item to incorporate into a card, but not in my world. I just don't ever do that, unless someone challenges me to do so. I thought the pattern on this box would make cool trees for the Dr. Seuss house, so that's what I did. The strip of grass behind the house is a piece of the flap that I ripped off the side of the box. It's jagged and I think it's perfect. I also used some of the blue dot thingies. Please don't ask me what they represent, because I honestly don't know, but I do think they look cool there.

Other stuff I used: SU sentiment, SU Pacific Point card stock, A Muse Studio cloud dies, and ribbon from my Every Color of Green and Blue Ribbon But The One I Need box. Oh, and both SU markers and Copics for coloring.

I'm now going to link this over at the Hambo Hoedown, and email it to them before I forget. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! I love your Dr. Seuss house! The tissue box trees are genius and make the perfect kind of trees for your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dr. seuss house and those trees are perfect ! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card. I like your tissue box trees. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!! I love that you used the designs on the tissue box! I'd never have thought of it and it's so creative. Dr. Seuss would approve of those trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made a "scene". Great card!

    Thanks for playing at the Hoedown! Hope to see you again this week!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)