Tuesday, July 12, 2011

SOS Challenge #8 - Out With The Old

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is "Out with the Old or In with the New" wherein we ask you to use your paper and/or embellishments that you have "saved" because it was special, or find your oldest designer paper and use it -OR- break out your newest items and use them! Be sure to tell us what you are using in your post!

I was going to break out my newest still-in-the-box MS punches (yes, plural), but instead went into the bowels of my hoarded 12x12 papers and dug out some old old old DSP. Some of you may recognize this one from SU:

It screams BABY card, so I had to oblige. I started out with the Clean & Simple Sketch 148, but failed in the execution, so the sketch really was just a starting point. The baby t-shirt image is from Hero Arts, and it's covered in white flocking to make it oooooh, so soft. The sentiment is from A Muse, and I liked it because it was different than the usual "new baby" sentiments. The ribbon is from my box of Every Color Yellow But The One I Need ribbons. I think I assumed (!) it would go perfectly on green to match the green dots, but you know how those things never really work out as planned, right? Here it is mostly covered up anyway.

I made two of these, and if I try really hard, which I probably won't, I could make about 20 more with the remaining papers. In theory. If the stars aligned and I never slept again. Ha, yeah, right.

So dig out your "special" never-gonna-use-it crafty item, or your oldest hoarded paper or embellishment, or your newest items, and USE THEM! Then go over to the Shopping Our Stash blog post and show us what you made!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. you totally rocked the sketch...i saw your card first, and then the sketch and totally knew where it came from...no failed execution there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this & such a great idea to add the flocking to add some texture. I don't think I've ever made a baby card YET!! Love the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! An SU paper I do not have or remember! You did dig deep for this! Now how good do you feel for using this? Cute card - the sketch is a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the paper and the flocking is so cute! I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always get your sentiments stamped so cleaning on your cards....mine always look fuzzy and tilted....anyway this is is a sweet card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet baby card, Leslie. Love the "fuzzy" texture on that tiny-tee, too. Beautiful neutral colors. Love this card. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)