Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SOS Challenge #6 - Scrap Attack

Welcome to challenge week #6 at Shopping Our Stash! This week we ask you to use all (or mostly) scraps to make your card or project. If you don't have any scraps --- um, what is WRONG with you!!?!?!? --- then you can recycle or up-cycle something instead. Heck, do both and go for the gold! HA!

According to the "official" rules set out by our fearless leader Carla, you can use new card stock for the card base, but use scraps: paper, ribbons, the odd single embellishment, etc. for the rest of the parts-is-parts, OR recycle something: re-do a former card, use something that was intended for a different purpose, like ribbon from a package, coffee cup sleeve, corrugated paper, button from a shirt, etc.

I think you get the idea.

Me, I live in a room filled with s-crap, er, remnants. One in particular has been mocking me for weeks - WEEKS, I TELL YOU - as it peeked out from beneath the Heaplet. It inspired me to make this:

Yes, my dear readers, (almost) all of that came from scraps. See:

These are parts of pieces of Basic Grey kioshi paper. I keep the cut-into pieces in the front of the 6x6 pads so I always know what is what. It's the only way I survive my collection of BG 6x6 pads. It's embarrassing.

This is the piece (are the pieces) that started me down this path:

And yes, the scalloped edge was already done on that other piece. I was living right.

Let's look at that card front again:

- All of the kioshi papers were partial pieces. No new 6x6 papers were sacrificed for this card.
- The SU images (from the Happiest Birthday Wishes hostess set from the 2011-2012 catalog) were stamped in Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive onto a scrap of Whisper White.
- The card base was new, the piece of Razzleberry ribbon was cut from a mostly intact roll, the layer of Razzleberry card stock was from a virgin piece, and the doily is from a pack of MS doilies I have had on my desk for a while, just waiting for the right moment to use one.
- I actually made up the layout, all by myself, too! :)

I've made a decent dent in those paper pieces. Now go forth into your scrap piles and make a card, then link it up to the SOS Challenge #6 post so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing what you can do with a few scraps of paper! The doily in the center sets is all off so nicely. Thanks for sharing how you store your 6x6 paper scraps, too - that is an excellent idea and one that I am going to use. I tend to throw all of my scraps into the scrap drawer and then can't remember which package they were in originally, and can't find anything to match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Leslie! Your card just proves it does not pay to put things away. You have instant cards at your fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's how I store mine too :) And it's still pretty embarrassing around here...
    Love how you combined all these things - that doily is fab, and well, Kioshi, you can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. You rock, but then you knew that, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, see, for someone who claims to "lack the layery gene"... this is a BEYOND AWESOME version of layery goodness! and not a sketch in sight! we need to turn you loose on the heaplet more often! ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ this inna big, biiiiiiiiiiiig way!!!

    (ps: i do that with my 6-n-8 pads, too; keep the cut bits inside!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps: i don't see THE DENT in your pieces, you must've covered it pretty well with the RIBBON! (bah dump bump!) (HAHAHAHA!) (i kill me!) (ok, yes, i'm going now, even i find me obnoxious, soorrrrrry!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)