Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger - A Burst of Blooms

Another Tuesday (past, of course) and it's time for another Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger. This week they gave us this photo:

I've thought about it all day while I was attending The Day Job. It reminded me of my Grandmother's granny square blankets, so I pondered that option. That led to quilts, and I thought about my PTI quilt set. Then I thought about the "flow" and how it wasn't all square. Then when I got home, my SU Pre-order from the upcoming Summer Mini was on my doorstep. (squee!) Then I sat down to craft, and I did something completely different. I did this:

(Sorry about that glare. I suk as a photographer.)

I'm not sure you can even tell, but I tried to get the flow-y not-square thing with that hand-cut piece of white card stock. For the flower element I used a flower stamp from the new pre-ordered SU Fabulous Florets set. The bright colors (GAH, I KNOW!) are the three (THREE) new SU embossing powders from the Summer Mini. Looooooooove them. The Wild Wasabi card stock is embossed with one of the two folders from the Sizzix Country & Flowering Foliage Set (not SU). I needed to use them, you see, because I discovered I actually have two sets of the embossing folders. Sigh. I smell a give-away coming soon to a blog near you.

The sentiment is from the same SU stamp set, and the buttons are from a pack of Bo Bunny buttons that just happened to be out on my desk and the green was a PERFECT match. Being a perfect match , it disappeared into the background, so I had to add a few more buttons, not only for contrast, but to make sure it was un-mailable in anything other than a bubble envelope. ;/

Oh, notice that string I tied through the buttons? That is also SU. Mmm-hmm. We'll carry two colors of baker's twine AND plain white. You can die it any color you want to do the matchy-matchy, but tonight I wanted white.

And those poorly-placed leaves? Sigh. I try, I really do. ;/ Handy tip: Don't rock your stamp so you end up with Versamark and embossing powder where you don't want it, and you resort to drastic embellishment antics in an effort to hide the grievous errors. Just a suggestion.

So that's my card for the Moxie Fab challenge. Okay, it's my first card. I have another idea that might actually work out a little better. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Fun colors! And way to go YOU, for playing in the challenge!! This is lovely. Can't wait to see your next idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect sentiment for such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun take on the trigger...love the blooms and the embossing is a fab touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeously embossed flowers...great take on the TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leslie! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)