Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mashup # 27

It's official: Creative Avoidance has set in, BIG time! I need (NEED) to pay my state sales taxes before the 20th, so I spent some time this morning organizing the bazillion new blogs I've added to my Google Reader, and now that everything is easier to find, I've found some new challenge blogs, and I did one. What part of Creative Avoidance has not been clear to you? :/

I found this challenge on Paige's blog:

Since I already looooove Navy and Red and any Neutral, this was not such a big stretch for me. Well, except that I also challenged myself to use some of my new SU stash at the same time. Here's what came out:

Eh? Maybe not my best work, but I DID use the new embossing frame and I also mounted the Punch Bunch stamp set and used one of them. That, alone, is a miracle.

So it's kinda blah, but it is done. Now where are those taxes .... oh, shiny!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. You're too hard on yourself! It's quite lovely. Shall be doing this one this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I didn't use a lot of the Sahara Sand on my card, but I love it on yours. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! That new punch set from SAB is cute! I love wht you did with the colours and hope you don't avoided creating for TOO long!! Happy I stumbled upon your blog!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad our Friday Mashup! challenge provided you with a distraction (like we need more of those - ha!). At least you used some new stuff and got a stamp set mounted. I do call that an accomplishment! Good luck with your taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great take on the challenge, I think it's great! and Love your new goodies! Thanks for playing along with the Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl!!!!! no way is the a blah card. It is so pretty I love all the embossing you did. I love the stamped flowers too.. super cute. I am happy you found us Girls at the Friday Mashup.. we love stamping too!! And Thank you for using the Mashup Banner on your post!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove this card! Especially the colors! But the flower stamp you picked is perfection! BTW I so love your work and I don't comment on your blog often enough. I'll try not to be such a lurker!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)