Saturday, December 11, 2010

Stamp Camp Projects - DONE!

Finally, the last project for this month's Stamp Camps:

It's a little dark and blurry because I've already moved my lamps back to where they belong for tomorrow. Sorry, it is much worse than usual. ;(

This is a variation of this card I made back in August, when I first got my paws on the stamp set:

The only differences are (1) no sewing, (2) paper instead of fabric for the red & blue dotted piece, and (3) Marina Mist taffeta ribbon instead of Baja Breeze satin. It's really a busy card, and I hope there won't be too much grumbling. Also, I need to use the same punch as on another project, which is already sharing ink with a third project. I am now officially crossing tables, which is just about as efficient as crossing the beams. But The Ladies are troopers, and they share very well.

I do have one new person coming tomorrow. I sure hope she won't think me totally scatterbrained. ;/

I also finally made the pocket for this purse. I'd originally wanted to make it because of the pocket, so I find it hysterical that up until now I've done everything BUT the pocket.

Here is what I'm blathering about:

Cute, huh? Here it is closed:

I still haven't figured out how to keep the pocket closed, but I did want to show The Ladies what it would look like, and they can play around with it.

The SU scallopped envelope die is too small to fit a gift card, so you need to trick it. I learned this skill on Patty Bennett's blog with this tutorial. It's sooo easy to do!

You may notice I have two projects that need the Big Shot. Yes, once again: Standard. Operating. Procedure. in my world. So I've pre-cut all the pockets for them, but I'll show them how I did it. I think this project is fussy enough without them having to die-cut the pocket, too. The second Big Shot project is the embossing folder on the Valentine's card above. I may do those, too, as it's another fussy card. Fussy, fussy, fussy. I can hear them now.

So now I need to disappear all of this crap stuff and get ready for tomorrow's sessions:

OMG, what a mess.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't a small velcro dot work for the pocket? Or one cut in half even?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)