Monday, July 26, 2010

The Morning After

Isn't the sky beautiful? We had a very fast, very wicked storm blow through here Sunday afternoon - I'd say start-to-finish was about 15 minutes, but 15 hours later, 250,000 people are still without power, including me.

It's funny what you get used to. It was still daylight, but it was "too dark" to craft without my special lights. No computer. No radio (my battery radio was somehow left 'on' so the batteries are dead.) No fans. No a/c. No hot water.

Fortunately the storm took most of the heat with it, but still ...

So this is the photo for today. Hopefully power will be restored soon and I can craft instead of playing Yahtzee by candlelight. Although I did break my old record ...

Thanks for stopping by!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. still no power? crazy.. hope there wasn't much damage!

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such crap! You guys are always without power from Montgomery county to Emmitsburg, but it always skips the rest of Frederick County! Hope you get it back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the sky always look so beautiful after a good storm. i guess it's clears out all the goo and gunk!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)