Saturday, July 10, 2010

Card Patterns Sketch #72

I did a card sketch! I DID! As I was reading items in my Google Reader, before doing the "Mark all as read" thing in my Challenges section --- like I'll ever get to them, seriously --- I actually took a little time and glanced at some of the posts. AND one caught my eye, today, so instead of cutting card stock for tomorrow's Stamp Camps I invoked my all-powerful Creative Avoidance Mode and got crafty instead.

Here is the sketch:


... and here is what I made:

Recipe: Stamps - Just Believe; Ink - Early Espresso, Poppy Parade and Wild Wasabi markers; Card stock - Very Vanilla, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Sunny Garden DSP; Other - Peach Parfait gg ribbon.

Actually, now that I look at this photo, I have no idea what I was thinking. I should have schmooshed those squares together so they had a chance of being STRAIGHT. Sigh.

I wanted to add a button, but the ribbon is too fat to fit through the holes. I also wanted to do a bow, and I did, about 17 times I re-tied that thing until I finally settled on the plain old knot.

No sentiment ... the plan was to cover up that big open space inside the frame with the bow knot.

Whine, whine, whine ... That's it. I think I need a do-over. I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. well it's not your best work, but I don't think its hideous or anything. LOL! It actually looks like you meant to put the squares crooked :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)