Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Challenge Card and a Re-Do

I've mentioned one of my Tweeps is doing SCS challenges, and she has shamed me back in to doing them, too. That's not a bad thing, as I can always use one-of-a-kind cards, but it's just no longer on my list of things to do each week. Doing the challenges every day might cause my head to explode, but once in a while, or a card with combined challenges ... okay. ;) Today I did Monday's Clean & Simple challenge, which was a sketch, and this is what I made:

This card is 100% from the Remnant Heap. The Taken with Teal card base was sitting on top of my UFO pile, and when I went in search of some DSP with that color, I ran into some pre-cut 1" strips of Holiday Lounge. True, Holiday Lounge is, well, for the Christmas holiday, but who said it was ONLY for that holiday, hmmmm? I love a paper that can stand up to the challenge of being used for other than its intended purpose. As Alton Brown has taught me: you've gotta love a good multi-tasker.

I will admit I selected three patterns that (I hope) do not scream "Christmas"; I think they work. Now if you didn't know these were Christmas papers, would you have thought they were? C'mon, be honest. I can take it!

The sentiment is from the Well Scripted set, and I used Nesties to cut the circles. I thought it needed circles because of all that vertical-ness going on with those strips of DSP.

Five minutes, people. This took me 5 minutes to make. Seriously. If I were smart, which I am not always, I would grab this sketch and make a bazillion cards for my markets, since they are easy and fast to make. I could even add ribbon if I felt like it, and I probably would. But like I said: I'm not always so smart.

Also, last night, based on a comment from one of my beloved readers, I re-made this card that has one row of hearts:


... into a version with two rows of hearts:

It's getting better. I was going to add a third row of hearts (that 'rule of threes' thing), but it seemed like it would be too crowded. I'm undecided on if it needs a sentiment, like the thinking of you from Trendy Trees. I think I'll give this one a rest for now and go work on my stack of Milestone birthday cards. They'll keep me busy for the rest of the week.

Oh, and don't forget to play the latest round of Spot The Mistake! You have until Friday midnight to enter your guess.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Nope, doesn't look too Christmasy to me! I think it's just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU rocked the CAS! These are both very classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record: i ♥LOVE♥ both versions of the heart card! i am not even sure it needs a sentiment, but then i am one of those "blank card" ppl and i know most folk like 'em to SAY something! :)

    love♥LOVE♥looOoOoOove the SCS card...i think i will print that sketch too b/c YEAH i can see it working in allllllllllll kinds of ways!!! (& YES! i love the circles on the vertical lines!) (& NO!!! i would never have guessed those were xmas papers if you didn't tell me!!!) ♥

    ps WV=LIZER as in LIZER minelleeez! (ok, i am gettin' punchy from over-commentin' now...time to go do something in real life i think!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)