Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Marrakech Kit Influence

If you have children, you've probably heard of the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. And he wants to move to Australia. Well, I had one of those days today, and I wanted to move to Australia, too. But instead, I came home to scratch kitty behind the ears and then I got stampy. Getting stampy always helps The Mood.

Okay, maybe I didn't get stampy, per se, but I did get crafty, and I made two cards. Remember that Basic Grey Marrakech (spelled correctly this time) card kit I've used the last two posts? I had some rub-ons left over, and since I knew I had the Marrakech 6x6 paper pack, I decided it was time to see if my mojo was back. Let's have a look, shall we?

This first example is pretty simple:

I used three of the papers and the left-over elephant rub-on. The whole time I was working on the kit, the instructions kept referring to the "dark blue" paper that I swore was black. Well, the elephant rub-on is black, so I matted it on black card stock. NOW I see the background of that bottom piece of paper is very dark blue. Too late. The black mat stayed.

I added some SU Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, largely because black was too stark. For a sentiment, I opened and mounted my new (to me) SU Tiny Tags set from the Occasions Mini catalog, and I punched it out with the new (to me) Medium Jewelry Tag punch.

Let's zoom in for a closer look:

That is two separate stamps: the dotted outline and the sentiment. Can you believe *I* got them pretty much lined up? Amazing, I know!

Then I mostly CASEd the final card I posted here last night and made this:

I used the same papers, though in slightly different proportions. I also used other left-over rub-ons for the sentiment and fleurs on either side of it, and a paper flower to fill that lonely left side. The ribbon on top? That's to hide the fact that I attached the green paper a little, um, crooked.

So no stamping at all, but two cards. Yay!

I also played with a few new things, but I have nothing to show for it, yet. Hopefully in the next day or two I'll manage to complete something, although that Marrakech paper is a bit distracting. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. LOVING the Marrakech goodies & resultant cards. I'm actually going to go into Hfx to the 'real' LSS to see if they've got the goods.

    Hope tomorrow's better *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BG card kits - they always have lots of goodies left over!! I usually have *some* BG stash to play with with the leftover goodies too (*some* BG stash = 1 cropper hopper holder FULL!!). Nice job with the ad libbing - pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards - and here's to a better day today, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! I love the use of the leftover rub-on...I have a few of those myself...I may have to case you.

    That flower is perfect too! I bought two, yes 2, of those tubes of flowers from Angela after you bought yours and put it on your blog. I am so easily enabled. Anyway, I can't get them to match anything, yet you do it perfectly! I'll have to pull out my BG Marrakech papers and give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)