Monday, March 8, 2010

More Vintage-y Cards

I'm still working on that same piece of 12x12 Graphic 45 paper, and I managed to make three more cards this past weekend.

First is a Wedding card:

This image reminds me of one of my Tweeps, @BrownEyedPea, who always has a vintage-y type avatar. In keeping with my MO for my previous cards from the same piece of paper, I went minimalist and only dry-embossed the card front and heat-embossed the sentiment (I remembered this time!)

And that ribbon? Did I plan to tie it like that? No, I did not. I messed up with the embossing plate and missed that edge of the card front, so to save myself from myself, I decided it needed a vertical ribbon.

Moving on. This little, harmless-looking image caused me no end of heartache and sacrificed card stock this weekend. I've worked with it for three days, and finally I changed the card base from So Saffron to Apricot, and the rest was easy.

Well, except that I almost sent out an APB for my Apricot ink pad. I looked through every color in my Color Caddy and I looked right past it every single time. Pththth.

The background stamp image is from Hero Arts, and the sentiment is from Eat Cake Graphics.

Lastly, I bring you another image with the same background and sentiment as above:


I have about 7 or 8 more images to go. Who knew it would take me weeks to make all these cards from one piece of 12x12 paper. I'm definitely getting my money's worth, but still, not a lot of paper is being consumed here, people. I need to rethink my approach. From now on I do believe I'll use the patterned backs of these papers to make them disappear faster!

In other news, I never left the house on Sunday, so after work tonight I had about 7 errands to run. Being a logical person, and hating not going straight home, I made a mental circle with all my planned stops, and I did pretty okay, considering. Post Office - check. Drop order off at a customer's house - check. Go to the mall {shudder} to pick up my shoes from the repair shop - check. While there, pick up some bulk candy for this weekend's Stamp Camp project - check.

Then I headed across the street to see if the haircut place I used to use was still there, because I couldn't find them online, and they were there, so I'll need to try them again tomorrow.

Headed towards home and the next errand ... and I FAILED! I FAILED! My car went into auto-pilot and I turned left at the light instead of right, which was AWAY from Staples, where I was supposed to get my tax software. Do you think it was my sub-conscious working against me? Okay, so since I was committed to that direction, I thought I'd stop at the shopping center across the street from me to check out that hair cut place, but AGAIN, my car went into auto-pilot, and by the time I realized I was in the wrong lane, I was pulling into my parking space in front of my building. MAJOR FAIL!

But that's okaaaaaaay, because now I have something to do after work tomorrow. Carp.

That's all I have for you this evening. I hope to get stampy again real soon and have some more crafty goodness for you. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Pea LOVES your vintagey cards! The Art Nouveau graphics on the lower card are breathtaking! Sorry about your errand fail but congrats on beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)