Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2 1/2 cards (I stamped!)

I made 2 1/2 more cards! Woo-hoo!!! This first one is for my March Stamp Camps. Please note the use, once again, of that blasted Teal and Sahara Sand.

(whoa, this is a little out of focus ... sorry.) Because I am such a Good Demo, I used the 'bad' circle I punched with the 1 3/8" punch for my "let's try this one", and you can see some of the lines from the scallop are showing, so the Stamp Camp players will use the 1 1/4" circle punch and layer it on a 1 3/8" black circle. I am always ready to take one for the team and to be an example of what NOT to do. Also notice the rub-on is, well, besides being crooked, it has some of the sticky stuff still stuck to it. Again, I'm taking one for the team. I will instruct all of The Ladies to make sure and completely adhere their rub-ons so it doesn't look like mine.

Now that I am just about done with the pre-cut & never used pile of the Teal and Sahara Sand card stock, I need to cut more for the Stamp Camps. Of course.

Next up I have another card I made from my stack o'pieces of Graphic 45 paper.

One more for the Engagement/Wedding/Anniversary section. (yay!) This time I used Vanilla instead of White for the under-layer, and I also stamped the sentiment in black instead of embossing it like the last one. Why? Because I forgot.

Did you notice that ribbon? Here's how I got it to wrap around the edge of the card:

Yep, I punched a slot with the SU Horizontal Slot punch and threaded the bottom piece of ribbon through so it could wrap around and tie. I am sure I stole this idea from somewhere.

Here's the next one in the chute, still in progress:

This Graphic 45 image was a lot smaller that the first few I used, and it needed more something something, so I stamped one of my new Hero Arts background cling-mount stamps on the card base using So Saffron (matching) ink. LOVE IT! By the way, I was totally enabled to buy that stamp because of Jennifer McGuire's card near the end of this post. This card will probably get my "Pedicure & Latte" sentiment.

I have 8 more pieces of varying shapes and sizes from that same 12x12 piece of paper, and I hope to get to one or two of them each night. I hope.

That's it for this evening. Not a lot of other news, so thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)