Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Blizzard of 2009


Well, my friends, I got smart, bailed from the road trip and came home. When I pulled my car OUT of my parking spot at 9 am this morning, it was clean where the car was parked, and when I returned 5 hours later, the snow was 10" deep, at least. I got smart AGAIN and only shoveled enough to back the car into it. Then I shoveled my way down my front steps and am now curled up on the sofa, under a blanket, with kitty laying on my feet. I do not think she will leave my side for a few days. ;-)

They are calling this a blizzard, so I guess that explains why the white stuff is still falling from the sky. I have read it will keep falling until some time tomorrow morning. The Metro is only running the under-ground stations, and no buses. Yeah, I'd say we are pretty shut down.

In other news, since I am home I can write my holiday cards! Have I confessed here yet that I bought (BOUGHT) holiday cards for the first time in 6 years? Uh-huh, I did! Ya know why? I was in a book store at lunch yesterday, and my co-worker said I could justify the purchase since I make cards ALL YEAR LONG, and by buying them, it was like giving myself a break. That worked for me! They are pretty - the Capitol in winter. I'll post one once I get them out of the box.

So that is all for now. A failed road trip, a reclaimed weekend, and a kitty curled up on my feet. Not bad ... not bad at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe a failed roadtrip but you have a HAPPY CAT! And are warm and safe and not as stressed out as you would be on the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I have an issue here...with the label on this post...whining? I don't think so! I didn't hear any whining at all! I did hear some relief and I, for one, am glad you are home safe and sound and WARM! I also wanted to let you know that I agree with your coworker on the purchase of your cards - good for you, I say! At least the folks you care about will GET a card! I'm still a little sketchy on that... Enjoy your cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most important thing is that you are home safe...and kitty is doubly happy :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)