Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Finally, Some Malamute Stuff!

This evening, I found focus, if only for a little while. Before I found focus, though, I stopped at Mike's for a few things, and pretty much stuck to my list. I had a few Martha punches in my hands, including some of the new Borders + Corners jobbies, but I put them back. I did! Yes, I am very proud.

Once home, though, I found focus, and made not just one, but TWO Malamute projects. First up, a candle:

This is the front ...

... and I put a trail of foot prints around the back.

This is my first pass at packaging. I still need to work on a tag for it. I thought about putting a ribbon or some other embellishment around the candle itself, but decided against it.

THEN I realized I forgot to color his tongue! Ack! All the coloring needs to be done first, so it was too late! Here is pass #2:

Pink tongue - all better. I am not sure how many of these I'll make. Anything I do not sell becomes inventory for me, and I have no room for inventory. Gotta ponder this one.

Then I made a card I've wanted to make all along:

This is a very cool piece of patterned paper I found in my stash. I love the colors in it - so soft and non-traditional! I used the retired SU Soft Sky for the layers and ribbon. The sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas. I cut the blue layer for the sentiment using the Movers & Shapers dies from SU. Too easy to layer with that Modern Label punch!

And for any of you losing sleep over the difference between SU's Creamy Caramel and Kraft card stock, look no further than the bottom of that card, cuz it is Creamy Caramel and it is sitting on (and in front of) some Kraft, which doubles as my photo studio base and background. (Told you I had a classy set-up, didn't I?)

I only made one candle (okay, two) and one card, but I'm all set to mass-produce tomorrow after work. I am almost ready for the weekend! YAY!

That's all I can crank out this evening, folks. Gotta go rest up for the Day Job.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Now I want a Malamute. Are they as cute as racoons, you figure??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pea LOVES the doggie candles & card! Feliz Navidog! C L E V E R!!!!
    Lovely packaging, crook!
    Bow wow wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FELIZ NAVIDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best sentiment EVER??!! quite possibly. and the candles themselves are every bit as good as the idea! you are awesome...or should i say DOG-GONE CLEVER??! (ok, no, on reflection i should definitely NOT say that.) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)