Friday, October 23, 2009

I Tried Digital (Really!)

Well, it has finally happened. And I did not even kick and scream much. What is this of which I speak? I bought some digital images. I DID! And it is all Mel's fault. Just LOOK at this card! (All the links are there, too!)

So I just had to go look. Well, didn't I? And while I was there, I, um, found a few other images I needed. And I cannot even use the 'justifies shipping' excuse, cuz there WAS no shipping. I have no excuses, except that some of the images are soooo perfect for me.

Like this one:


The name of this image is "It's all about the accessories", but one of my neighbors has two mini doglets like this, and they have major attitude! I think the smaller the dog, the larger the attitude, so that's the sentiment I used.

And you HAVE to see the detail on this guy's face:


Perfect little scowl, dontcha think? The tag says SPIKE. Cute! (Please ignore the fact that this close-up also reveals the pathetic coloring job I did. Thank you.)

The next image I got was this guy - Simon:


I do believe that boys, especially teen and pre-teen boys, are the most difficult people for whom to make cards. THAT is why I bought this image. And that is why I made the card real plain, although I did manage to sneak in some ribbon. But it is a manly color, at least.

I got two more images, including that adorable sick piggy that Mel used, but they will have to be printed another day.

So what do I think? I think that digital images are pretty cool. You can size them and they do not take up a lot of physical storage space. But you need for your 'puter to be turned on and attached to a printer to use them. And you also need to take special steps if you want to emboss the image, which sounds like work to me. Do I feel like I cheated on my stamps? Yes, I do. But for an image here or an image there, this is something I could embrace.

In other news, I printed more business cards because I WAS OUT, and I am approaching Holiday Craft Show Season. I printed them until my printer jammed, and I took that as a sign that I had enough cards printed for now. At least I could check it off my list of things to do. ;-)

It is supposed to rain again tomorrow, complete with thunder boomers and everything. BUT, I will go to my market, if only to give the farmers something to do: yell at me for wimping out last weekend. Plus, there is only this weekend, next weekend, and the second weekend of November that I'll be there, and I need my last few fixes for the season. I'll be sure to report back on how the weather treats us.

Oh, I almost forgot! The other day when I posted my Boo Treats (bottom of this post), Brenda emailed me the following:

"
When you said in today's post that you might try to sell them, I thought for a minute that you meant to the kids who come to your door! Now that would be a scrooge!"

HAHAHA! Ya know what? If I had a prize for the best idea left in a comment or sent via email, which (unfortunately for Brenda) I do not, this would TOTALLY win!!!

Okay, gotta go clean up ( oh I crack myself up sometimes) and get ready for bed. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Ouuuu! Ouuuu! Oouuuuuuuu! I'm SO stoked that you tried digis Leslie (can you tell I'm excited? hehehe) These are amazing! You're making me want to try a boy card--I'm afraid of them, LOL. Yours is fab. LOVE the red & the artistic simplicity of it. And that chihuahua attitude. Priceless!!! I'm so excited you had fun with digital. I just embossed three images in less than 3 minutes. Even with prepping the paper it's SO fast, honest. But I won't push ya, YET. teeheehee. ;o) hugs, :o) mel

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)